Was an Independent, Do It Yourself Blog dedicated to Icelandic music by music slut Wim Van Hooste

Was an Independent, Do It Yourself Blog dedicated to Icelandic music by music slut Wim Van Hooste
Moved back to I love Icelandic music & started new blog Icelandic Music Mob
The Enfant Terrible of the Icelandic Music Scene - Crapule de Luxe Islandaise
The Mob
and I love Icelandic music

January 26, 2011

Interview with Benni Hemm Hemm

The Line of Best Fit had an interview with Benni Hemm Hemm, read it here.
Tell us a little about where you’re from: do your surroundings affect the music that you create?
I’m from Iceland. I think my surroundings – which are in fact Scottish at the moment – don’t have that much to do with my music, not at least the ones associated with the country itself. The language and the mentality is a bigger factor, and that definitely affects my music. I don’t know how to explain this without going on for too long, but the Icelandic language is very special and the Icelandic mentality is very straight forward and brutal, which I think affects all music from Iceland. Which doesn’t say anything about the sound, because ther is no Icelandic sound, but there’s a common ground in the approach to writing and presenting the music.
Benni & his band are performing tomorrow 27. January 2011 @ The Lexington, London
More Tour Dates:
28.1.2011 Buffalo Bar, Cardiff
29.1.2011 South Street Arts Centre, Reading
European Tour
11.2.2011 La Route du Rock Festival, Rennes CH
12.2.2011 One Of A Million Festival, Baden CH
13.2.2011 E-Werk, Erlangen DE
14.2.2011 Blue Shell, Köln DE
16.2.2011 Musigbistrot, Bern CH (solo)
17.2.2011 Plug & Play Festival, Lyon FR (solo)
19.2.2011 Nordklang Festival, St. Gallen CH (solo)
BHH

No comments:

Post a Comment