Was an Independent, Do It Yourself Blog dedicated to Icelandic music by music slut Wim Van Hooste

Was an Independent, Do It Yourself Blog dedicated to Icelandic music by music slut Wim Van Hooste
Moved back to I love Icelandic music & started new blog Icelandic Music Mob
The Enfant Terrible of the Icelandic Music Scene - Crapule de Luxe Islandaise
The Mob
and I love Icelandic music

October 15, 2011

The Boys Are Back In Town - Review of "Locust Sounds" by Reykjavík! (Kimi Records, 2011)

The Boys Are Back In Town
Let’s do something special in my final week, reviewing an Icelandic album.
And what an album. “Locust Sounds” by rockers Reykjavík!, don’t forget the exclamation mark to avoid confusion with Iceland’s capital city. Without any doubt the best album artwork I saw this year. While lying in my bath @ home, I was having my private listening party in a small Belgian hot tub. Finally Reykjavík! made their grown-up, mature record. Although the 2 previous kids, “Glacial Landscapes, Religion, Oppression & Alcohol”(2006) and “The BLOOD” (2009), were not ugly @ all. Say the rise of Reykjavik! 2.0. Or Ride is having a cozy but loud barbecue with I Adapt & Gavin Portland in the backyard, while some family & friends (Mugison e.g.) are providing the extra meat & beer. Great vocals, noisy guitars, banging drums: this is Rokk i Reykjavík - The Revenge. Certain one of the best records made in Iceland this year. Need I say more? Yes, I love the track titles. My favorite track is “Nurse, please”, of course ;-).

The album is released today on the local Kimi Records label.
See Reykjavík! @ Reykjavík, or somewhere close to you soon!?

Label: Kimi Records

No comments:

Post a Comment