Was an Independent, Do It Yourself Blog dedicated to Icelandic music by music slut Wim Van Hooste

Was an Independent, Do It Yourself Blog dedicated to Icelandic music by music slut Wim Van Hooste
Moved back to I love Icelandic music & started new blog Icelandic Music Mob
The Enfant Terrible of the Icelandic Music Scene - Crapule de Luxe Islandaise
The Mob
and I love Icelandic music

October 15, 2011

Thursday Airwaves Highlights according to Icelandic Glacial Water

Thursday Airwaves Highlights 

ICELAND AIRWAVES : Thursday Highlights
Or do you prefer this water?

"Water" by The Sugarcubes
From the album "Here today, tomorrow next week!" / "Illur arfur!" (Smekkleysa/Rough Trade & One Little Indian, 1989)
Wait for me underneath the water
Wait for me I have to go now
Into the big city
She pulls me firmly towards her
Wait for me underneath the water
Wait for me here
You'll be fine underneath the water
I'll be back early next summer
We met again at the lake
After all these years,
You said "want a drink?"
I love you
And you know I will be back
Hold your breath
And nestle into the ice
Wait for me underneath the water
Wait for me and count to ten
You'll look up and I will be there

Wait for me
The lake was frozen,
You took me for a walk over the ice,
I cracked
The ice cracked
I fell into the lake
I watched you through the eyes
Love into you
Wait for me underneath the water
Wait for me and singalong
"She's coming, coming, coming"
Wait for me
I watched you through the ice
I expected you to crawl for help
I smiled, you just stood there
I tried to kiss you through the ice,
You just walked away

Or "Tidal Wave" by The Sugarcubes

If you like the singing (?) of Einar Örn Benediktsson aka EÖB, go & see him @ Faktory Main Stage tonight downtown 101.
Please, Don't forget to say Goodmorning!

No comments:

Post a Comment